Saturday, June 7, 2008

Victory Gardens - I don't claim to have a green halo emanating from my thumb-like appendages, but I am sick of high gas prices. Huh? 

OK, what I mean is that the price of the motion lotion that we pump into our cars and trucks to move goods (read 'food'), and services (read 'everything else we use in life'), is breaking the bank of the every day working person, and threatening to break the back of our economy. 

So I decided to start a Victory Garden. Ah, a small meaningless gesture you may be thinking. I've wanted to grow my own veggies for a long time anyway, so this looks like a good opportunity. What about you? Grow some veggies and then share what you can with your neighbors. You know, those people whose names you don't know. The ones who occupy dwellings remarkably similar to yours, and whose walls are within spitting distance of your own. Who knows, a Victory Garden may just be good for you and your community. I know it would be good for mine. 

Oh yeah, and it would also send a message to those wonderful fellas running OPEC that they can try, but they'll never tear this country down.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Wow Dad, a Victory Garden! I think I've heard of that before...from the American Girl Molly books! She had one of those during WWII....you crack me up.